Dr. Chris Baker graduated Magna Cum Laude from Palmer College of Chiropractic West in San Jose, California. Prior to completing his doctorate in chiropractic he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology and Psychology from Grove City College in Pennsylvania in May of 2008.
Instead of following the typical route to medical school like many of Dr. Baker’s peers after undergraduate school, he enrolled in Chiropractic school. An adjustment helped him recover from overuse injuries sustained at a collegiate tennis tournament, and that was enough to change his career path away from Forensic Psychology. Prior to that treatment, Dr. Baker had no prior knowledge of what chiropractic care could do to help him recover from the rigors of practice six days a week combined with matches and tournaments. The education at Palmer has given Dr. Baker knowledge that he is passionate to pass along to the next generation of athletes, specifically on how chiropractic care facilitates the healing and recovery process and what athletes can do proactively to prevent injuries from occurring in the first place.
Dr. Baker is a PTR (Professional Tennis Registry) certified tennis teaching professional. His extensive background in tennis gives Dr. Baker a unique understanding of sport performance, biomechanics, and injury rehabilitation. In addition to treating tennis players, Dr. Baker treats runners, CrossFitters, triathletes, ballet dancers and athletes of basically every high school/collegiate level sport out there. He completed his preceptorship at Ultimate Sports Medicine in San Francisco's Marina District under the tutelage of Dr. Lenny Stein, who treats many professional athletes, including Grand Slam tennis champions, the Golden State Warriors, and the San Francisco Ballet.
In order to stay on the cutting edge of sports chiropractic treatment and diagnosis protocols, Dr. Baker is currently working towards the Diplomate in Corrective Exercise and Rehabilitation. Dr. Baker specializes in treating athletes with muskuloskeletal pain, repetitive overuse injuries, postural syndromes, and movement dysfunctions.
Distinictions and Certifications (click here)
- Active Release Technique (Full-Body)
- Graston Technique
- RockTape Fascial Movement Taping
- TRX Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Professional Tennis Registry
- Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Rehabilitation (in progress)
Events (click here)
- ART® - Kona Ironman World Championships, Hawaii (2009, 2011)
- Sea Otter Classic, CA (2009-2011)
- NorthFace Endurance Challenge, Marin, CA (2008)
- Senior Games Olympics, Stanford University (2010)
- USA Water Polo Junior Olympics, Palo Alto, CA (2012)
- Morgan Hill Sprint Triathlon, Morgan Hill, CA (2009)
- Escape From Alcatraz, San Francisco, CA (2011)
- San Jose Ballet, San Jose Center for Performing Arts (2010-12)
- SAP Open, HP Pavilion and Courtside Club, San Jose, CA (2011-2013)
- NorCal Regionals CrossFit Games (2012-2013)
- NorCal Fit Expo, San Jose Convention Center (2012)
- Xtreme Bronc Riding, Monterey Fairgrounds (2012)